IT Business Analyst - Mexico
The IT Business Analyst - SAP is responsible for business analysis planning and monitoring; requirements elicitation; requirements management and communication; enterprise analysis; requirements analysis and solution assessment and validation on large projects in alignment with the Eaton PROLaunch project management process standards.In this role, you will serve as the primary liaison between business stakeholders and the IT function, leveraging expertise in business analysis to recommend and implement solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• The BA is self-managed and has the ability to estimate project work, define business requirements planning & approach, stakeholder assessment, plan, facilitate requirements elicitation workshops/interviews, perform analysis of requirements, manage traceability of requirements through design, development and validation, able to prepare and lead UAT plan, scripts and testing
• Business Analysis Planning: Plan the business analysis approach for projects, determine the deliverables, estimate business analysis effort, and determine metrics to be used to monitor the success of analysis work.
• Requirements Elicitation: Conduct requirements gathering activities (brainstorming, focus groups, interviews, observation, prototyping, workshops), document the results, and validate that the documented requirements meet the stakeholders’ needs.
• Requirements Management & Communication: Assess requirements to ensure they fall within the solution scope, ensure requirements are aligned with and traceable to business objectives and solution design, and ensure requirements are communicated and presented in a format that are understandable to stakeholders, including solutions designers and developers.
• Enterprise Analysis: Evaluate the business need, problem or opportunity to justify the investment necessary to deliver the solution, assess the capability of the enterprise to leverage in developing a solution, and determine the most feasible solution.
• Requirements Analysis: Analyze, prioritize and organize requirements to ensure efforts focus on the most critical needs, model requirements to demonstrate process and or solution function, and validate that the requirements support the delivery of value.
• Solution Assessment: Review and evaluate IT solution designs to ensure the proposed solution meets the business requirements.
• Validation: Coordinate the approach and development of use cases and test scenarios with the customer to ensure integration and/or user acceptance testing is complete and validates that project requirements have been achieved.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 7 years’ experience in Business Analysis
• KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOLLOWING THEORY, PRINCIPLES, PRACTICES AND/OR CONTENT:
• Functional expertise with applicable Oracle or SAP Applications is required.
• Strong knowledge of the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge.
• Strong knowledge of project management disciplines or other Project Management and System Development Lifecycle Methodologies (SDLC).
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels of the organization. This position will often work with both Senior Business Leadership and Senior I.T. Leadership on a regular basis.
• Solid critical thinking/analytical and problem solving skills, especially in a cross-functional environment.
• Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills including facilitation and negotiation, ability to lead and influence others, and the ability to effectively interface and work with a wide variety of people.
• Knowledge and application of several business analysis techniques including, benchmarking, brainstorming, business rule analysis, data flow diagramming, data modeling, process modeling or decomposition, metrics and key performance indicators, prototyping, risk analysis, root cause analysis, and/or scenario and use case development.
• Ability to coordinate and/or lead many activities on a medium to large-scale projects.
• Able to work on large concurrent complex projects within region and/or sector
• Able to provide strategic road mapping input and has operational expertise.
• Able to lead business process improvement efforts.
• Functional expertise with applicable MFG Pro, JDEdwards, MAPICS Applications is required
• Extensive experience on Government Regulations for Direct & Indirect Tax
• Extensive experience in Administrative systems such as Finance, GL, AP & AR
• Extensive experience in Labor Management Systems, such as Payroll & Time & Attendance
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time