Western Region Sales Account Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace, Fluid and Electrical Division is looking for a Western Sales Account Manager. This position can be based out of our Seattle, WA or Los Angeles, CA or San Diego, CA or Wilsonville, OR area.
The Western Sales Account Manager is responsible for driving customer satisfaction and growth with key OEM, Tier 1 or sub-supplier customers in the military and aerospace segments by utilizing platform data and executing annual business plans in alignment with customer strategies. This includes electrical solutions involving military power electrical conversion products, including AC-DC, DC-DC and DC-AC power supplies, EMI filters, power factor correction modules, and stand alone, integrated or “brick” modules, plus military or commercially applicable connectors, wiring harnesses and cabling for the military & aerospace markets. This involves assessment of customer needs and platform requirements, recommendation of existing product, modifying existing product or defining capabilities and requirements for new designs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will facilitate application design wins and achieve product print position for Military and Aerospace products by leading major new business capture campaigns utilizing the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) 7 stage selling process and tool.
- You will act as the “voice of the customer” for all business aspects and will be the Customer Needs and Wants (CNW) expert for the account; gathers and communicates advanced technology needs and market trends through a deep understanding of the customers’ business, strategic direction, challenges, threats and opportunities.
- You will independently develop and grow customer base in the military, aerospace and adjacent industries by developing and executing a successful global, platform driven sales strategy utilizing Eaton’s value cycle skills.
- You will develop and manage key relationships at customer executive levels. Own the customer relationship map and manage a contact plan. Facilitate leadership interaction and communication.
- You will coordinate appropriate project activity between the Military & Aerospace resources and the customer project team.
- You will maintain technology and market expertise through participation in industry standards organizations and trade shows.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3 years of general sales experience managing OEM and/or Sub Supplier customers.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee”
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of the cities listed above will be considered.
- Master’s in Business Administration or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Additional language skills such as (Spanish or Japanese) a plus.
- 5 years commercial or technical experience in the military power supply or connector markets with focus on military vehicle and aerospace applications.
- Technical selling as it relates to power supplies, connectors and harness related electric/electronics, electrical theory surrounding basic electricity including power conversion.
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience managing large multi-location high profile strategic accounts.
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal and written - with ability to make reports to Eaton Executive level and presentations to the highest level within the customer organization.
- Strong ability to influence the directions and attainment of objectives without having direct control over resources. Ability to work in a matrix environment.
- Ability to travel internationally on occasion.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time