Operations Excellence (OPEX) / Quality Manager
You will manage the quality function and direct reports to meet plant quality objectives and drive the quality culture with the leadership team
You will implement Operations Excellence (OPEX) structure to support strategic initiatives and short- and long-range business plan
You will build ELSS culture by developing awareness and expertise of lean manufacturing concepts and tools at all levels to achieve or exceed High 5 targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost)
You will drive Operational Assessment (OpA) validation activities improving score year over year
You will deploy “I own Quality” culture to reduce internal and external DPPM
You will understand and adhere to a quality system in conjunction with EQS to ensure compliance with quality systems including ISO/TS16949, ISO9001 and ISO14000 standards, customer specific requirements, and all regulatory requirements
You will deploy 5S and foster/expand 5S culture
You will implement tools such as; visual factory, value stream mapping, standard work, work instructions and training best practices
You will promote a culture of systematic problem solving (PDCA) to improve manufacturing and non-manufacturing processes
You will drive employee engagement in continuous improvement and lean manufacturing practices
You will develop and report out metrics for verification of continuous improvement activities including cost out activities
You will lead the OPEX team utilizing the Eaton Leadership Model to effectively communicate requirements and expectations
You will support new product development and industrialization to ensure the quality of APQP deliverables in meeting quality objectives
You will ensure effective implementation and qualification of design and manufacturing processes using PPAP / FAI submissions
You will Improve suppliers in APQP processes, quality and delivery performance. Key focus areas will be PCB and electronic manufacturing and key components.
You will support and direct cross-functional teams to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and customer requirements to aid in achieving quality goals.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality, continuous improvement and/or lean manufacturing
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a management role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Torrance, CA.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Experience and knowledge of ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- Certified in Lean manufacturing, Certified Quality Engineer / Manager, Six Sigma Black belt
- Thorough understanding of Quality Systems Management, detailed knowledge of ISO9001:2018, AS9100D, and ISO14001
- Working knowledge of AIAG standards including APQP and PPAP Working knowledge in problem solving tools and skills (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA , SPC, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem solving techniques, execution and leadership
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time