Quality Systems Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is seeking a Quality Systems Manager. The Quality Systems Manager will be based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
In this role, you will ensure the Quality of Eaton’s products through the development and enforcement of Quality Systems and manufacturing processes while ensuring a continuous improvement atmosphere. Provide direction and supervision to personnel in the functions responsible for Quality Leading Indicators (QLI), Supplier Quality oversight, Quality calibration, audits, special processes while assisting HPWTs. Develop robust tracking, evaluation and structured corrective action activities. Develop and mentor employees on subjects relating to Quality Systems across a broad spectrum of manufacturing, auditing and processing activities. Ensure fidelity of Quality systems tools, Supplier Quality interaction, reporting, techniques, inspection equipment and processes as appropriate. Lead continuous improvement effort to focus on taking operations to next level.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a primary organizational contact for Quality Leading Indicators (QLI) execution and ensure appropriate actions are deployed to ensure success of the program.
- You will lead, mentor and direct work for 6-8 direct reports.
- You will coordinate, direct and prioritize Supplier Quality, Quality calibration, audits, and special processes activities to ensure that leading priorities are focused on key objectives of Quality, compliance, cost, and delivery.
- You will lead Quality team to ensure continuous improvement activity is at the forefront.
- You will identify the training/mentoring/development needs of the team and ensure those needs are addressed.
- You will develop, set and achieve goals associated with the Quality Systems team that are aligned with the Quality Department and Beltsville Plant.
- You will communicate Quality Systems issues to front line leaders site personnel and assist them in root cause and sustainable corrective action.
- You will deploy Eaton Business System tools, where appropriate or required, to improve Quality Management System effectiveness..
- You will ensure organizational readiness for customer and other third party assessments related to the product or process. Hosts Customer and Third Party Auditors as needed.
- You will coordinate Supplier Quality activities both interdivisional and within supplier QMS.
- Manages customer portal content and customer scorecards, relating to Beltsville products, to ensure actions are being completed and customer requirements are being met or exceeded.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing or quality environment and minimum 2 years of managing/leading people
- Graduate of Eaton’s Leadership Development Program
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- Graduate degree from an accredited institution
- 3 years managing people
- 5 years working in a quality systems function
- Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black belt Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Be able to understand Blue Prints, Specifications, and Requirements
- Quality System Knowledge (e.g. AS9100, ISO 9001, TS16949)
- ASQ CQE or CMQOE is preferred
- Significant proficiency in MS Office software and Quality software is required
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and work with many cross functional teams
Eaton’s Beltsville, MD Aerospace site is located in the greater metro area for both Washington D.C. and Baltimore, MD. An international presence is always felt, as the cities serve as a melting pot for cultures from around the world. These areas are full of experiences and cultures including; national monuments and memorials, waterfront views and boating, award-winning restaurants, sporting events for every fan, renowned performing arts, historical museums, a locally loved music scene, and hip and historic neighborhoods to explore. To top it all off, navigating these locations is a breeze, whether on foot or bicycle or via a highly efficient public transit system.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time