Manager Centralized PMO
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Arden, NC has an immediate opening for a Manager, Centralized Project Management.
The primary function of the Manager, Centralized Project Management is to set strategic direction and manage day to day functions of the Centralized Project Management Organization located in Avery Creek, NC. This organization supports all Bidmanager Project orders for North American Sales commercially, technically and with project documentation and consists of Project Coordinators ( Large / Major PC >$100K & Small PC <$100K) and Project Engineers that support Small Project orders (<$100K). This position must also work closely with management for Field Sales, and manufacturing Product Lines to ensure that support is in alignment with the goals and directions of these organizations in order to ultimately meet customer requirements.
The primary functions include:setting strategic direction for centralized project management together with field sales, product lines and other departments within Avery Creek EatonCare; directly managing team leaders; 3 direct 44 second level; communicating the vision for Centralized Project Management within Eaton to ensure that the direction of the organization is clearly understood; holding responsibility for the support of all Bidmanager Project Orders of approximately $1.8B Annually; developing effective relationship with Field Sales to improve support offerings; actively participating with the Avery Creek EatonCare Management team, contributing creative ideas, thoughtful criticism, timely reports and updates, and a positive approach to the challenges presented.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- You will ensure integrity and competency of systems to comply with corporate, division, and organization policies, guidelines, and procedures;
- You will drive productivity within the group utilizing EBE principles and electronic tools to support efficient and profitable business growth;
- You will support Vice President Project Management, in formulating a strategic plan for Centralized PMO.
- You will attract, hire, develop, and retain top quality Coordinators, Engineers and Team Leaders who excel at providing customer value through the execution of processes, technical and commercial savvy, and effective relationship building with customers;
- You will effectively develop and manage departmental budgets, including but not limited to T and E
- You will support the management of order financials including Z accounts and customer claims.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Position Success Criteria:
- Organized, detail oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional listening skills and self-motivation are essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work well with people across multiple functions
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management capabilities
- Proven successful track record of creating and communicating successful strategic plans, providing clear direction, and finding business solutions to maximize team performance.
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and leverage excellent relationships at multiple levels (up and down), both within the organization and externally.
- Record of setting stretch goals and consistently meeting and exceeding targets
- Ability to effectively anticipate future opportunities and risk and develop strategies to drive change that will position the organization for competitive advantage
- Ability to make timely decisions when a number of alternatives are available
- Well-developed leadership skills with ability to lead by example
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience in electrical industry project management, field sales or marketing
- Minimum 3 years of manager of people experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- MBA or advanced degree
- Cross-funcional experience in Operations or Product Management
- 10 years of experience in electrical industry project management, field sales or marketing
- 7 years of manager of people experience
- PMP Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time