Business Intelligence Data Architect
- Plan for future-state technology portfolios and IT program investments.
- Develop, communicate, and deploy architecture governance processes.
- Drive the application of emerging technologies to current Eaton environments.
- Drive solution architecture, ensure technical alignment and facilitate technical solution delivery.
- Accountable for maintaining high levels of solution performance, availability and capacity, demonstrating a commitment to quality.
- Works within Eaton's IT Organization to successfully influence the direction of key technical elements of the solution environment.
- Will have a broad level of technical and functional knowledge spanning data mgmt. technologies and best practices.
- Significant proven implementation experience on a wider range of projects with large scope in terms of technological and geographical span.
- Architectural design and integration of unstructured and semi-structured platforms with Eaton’s existing architecture
- Establishment and end to end design of Eaton’s data mart strategy for refreshing data into analytic work-spaces including “subject area” build out capabilities, as well as mart deployment strategy
- Recommend, set up, integrate and utilize Big Data, NoSQL, Integration, Database tools and frameworks as required for business and data science needs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Business Intelligence Solutions Architect, Systems Analyst or Software Engineer
Minimum of 5 years data warehousing & data modeling experience
Minimum of 5 years business intelligence reporting solution design experience
Minimum of 2 years working with one of the following business functional areas: HR, sales, order management, supply chain, or finance.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. 5 years IT experience or a graduate of Eaton's Leadership Development Program
Experience of successfully delivering on all aspects of a technology project
Exposure to several layers of technology solutions: hardware, application administration, application development, support, etc.
Requires the ability to work on multiple projects of varying scope and scale
Requires the ability to handle ambiguous situations and execute upon a direction
Strong Project Management skills
A Certified Business Intelligence Professional (CBIP)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time