Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a talented Operations Manager for the Greenwood, SC facility.
Plan, staff, and manage manufacturing functions to produce products, coordinate and oversee manufacturing operations to ensure the timely delivery of components and/or finished parts that meet cost and quality standards. Plan and oversee manufacturing standards, methods, and procedures for all product lines; provide experienced senior technical guidance. Manage plant operations and schedules to ensure the most effective use of personnel, materials, equipment and other company resources.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide leadership and atmosphere for Safety first culture, Quality at source, problem solving and decision making in driving improvement, quicker response, eliminating waste, implement and/or support all programs that will achieve a prescribed productivity improvement, reduced inventories and improve OTD.
- You will develop and monitor departmental and individual goals, objectives and growth to improve plant performance.
- You will provide the leadership and atmosphere for the CI frame work, flexible workforce, development and implementation of cost effective programs towards productivity and efficiency improvements.
- You will be responsible for manpower planning, talent selection, performance review and feedback to develop personnel in support of the plant objectives and in line with corporate processes and expectations.
- You will provide leadership and direction to support and alignment with criteria defined by standards including ISO 9000, ISO 14000, MESH and Eaton Business System.
- You will manage and coordinate product orders to continuously maintain on time delivery of parts, products, and service as demanded by customers.
- You will coordinate customer orders with the company’s front end engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure effective support in all relevant areas.
- You will provide training, instruction, and guidance to subordinate employees to ensure their knowledge of company products, fabrication and assembly methods, management skills, and the effective use of accepted work processes and standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in a Manufacturing, Operations, or Engineering environment
- Minimum 1 year of direct supervisor or managerial experience required
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Engineering preferred
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time