Material Handler - 3rd Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Material Handler – 3rd Shift to join our team. This position is located in Waukesha, Wisconsin at the Badger Street site.
The Material Handler is responsible for the smooth, efficient flow of all raw material and fabricated material into, throughout, and out of Department 24. Uses forklift, stand-up stacker, walk along, and 5-30 ton cranes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will deliver finished fabricated parts from machine area to the welding area, kitting area, 1Ph and 3Ph shipping docks, and fills out necessary paperwork.
- You will move pallets of in-process work to where they are accessible to various machines.
- You will keep department provided with pallets and disposed of unusable pallets.
- You will stack work-in-process or component parts in storage racks.
- You will dispose of department’s scrap stainless steel, copper, aluminum, and trash by delivering bins to the 1Ph shipping dock at the request of the unit supervisor.
- You will use 5 ton crane to unload bar stock and sheet from trucks. Locate material with proper identification attached and turn receiving paperwork into office. If no blanking line operators are scheduled to work, the material handler will use the 30 ton crane to unload coil steel from trucks.
- You will receive, locate, and issue “daily release” parts on a daily basis to assure proper inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
REQUIRED (BASIC) QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in the safe operation of various types of material handling equipment.
- A high school diploma or GED (General Education Degree) is required from an accredited institution.
- The ability to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship is required.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within the 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No