- Manage the Materials and Procurement operations effectively and efficiently to manufacture a quality product in a timely manner at the right cost. Responsibility includes material supply options, supply planning, scheduling, cost reduction and allocation, and managing to meet production plan.
- Analyzing material requirement pattern and streamlining of the same.
- Receiving of material requisitions/indents from organization and distribution of same through hierarchical verticals for availing the material.
- Evaluating minimal cost of the material with the help of techno-commercial parameters and negotiating the quotations received from the suppliers for proposing best possible prices for materials/services.
- Collecting feedback from concerned dept. for developed items/services.
- Creating better options for current unresolvable problem areas of material in manufacturing facility.
- Interaction with suppliers for production optimization.Co-ordinating with Production Team for eliminating the material related issues in conjunction with Manufacturing Engg. Dept.
- Development of new possible suppliers for contingencies and rationalization.
- Fabricating projected requirements for Maintenance and Utilities Dept.
- Designing of Forecasted Material Supply Plan for Preventive and breakdown Maintenance activities.
- Achieving Zero downtime occurrences on account of material shortfall.
- Achieving most competitive cost-per-component.
- Achieving Zero Defect Supply Chain Management.
- Managing Just-In-time deliveries for minimum inventories.
- Minimizing material costs with maximum quality.
- Create and maintain material resources and monitor them according to standards.
- Ensuring timely deliveries of ordered material and services. Updating the suppliers in case of any modifications/obsolesces in the provided specifications of developmental material.
- Streamlining of input resources. Creating contingency actions.
- Drive a culture of safety in the organization by leading Safety Committee Programs and driving strict adherence to safety rules and regulations. Lead the implementation of ESP in area of responsibility.
- Establish goals for material supply in alignment with the Dept. Manager’s goals and those of the organization. Drive the goals down in the organization.
- Manage subordinates to drive a performance culture. This includes performance management and rewards/recognition.
- Lead and/or participate in problem solving activities as needed. Leadership role in SCM related problem solving by bringing in resources from Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, Shop floor and others as needed.
- Implementation and adherence to the Eaton Business System.
- Drive compliance to the Eaton Code of Ethics and hold others accountable for ethical conduct.
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements and governance. Ensure compliance to Eaton policies such as Equal Employment Opportunity, Harassment, Safety, and Substance Abuse. Support and strengthen key communities.
- Develop and maintain a high performance culture focused on continuous improvement and change.
- Diploma/ Degree in Engineering
- 4-6 years experience in manufacturing and management roles with prior shop floor management experience. Communicates effectively with all management, production and supplier personnel, and can quickly and effectively build relationships at all levels.
- Experience in -Six Sigma, IATF Implementation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time