Supply Chain Analyst
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Los Angeles, CA facility.
In this role, you will perform diversified duties related to MRP planning, scheduling, and expediting finished goods and components in order to support strategic inventory goals and to ensure on time delivery of customer orders. Requires judgment in anticipating future requirements through analysis and interpretation of current production status. Manages the inventory and production plan for a given product group to optimize and meet plant goals. Essential functions include:
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will review customer orders, plant capacity and inventory to develop schedules that meet production requirements
- You will plan and release work orders as required to meet customer orders while maintaining optimum lead time and inventory level
- You will analyze and interpret pertinent inventory information and data to determine current production status. Work closely with production team to monitors work order progress. Anticipates future requirements and provides adjustments in scheduling as needed
- You will print drawings and create job packs from MRP system output for use by the floor as required. Ensure job packs are handled and released to the floor according to standards and policy
- You will provide the customer service representatives with manufacturing due dates and advanced notice of shipping delay information
- You will drive shortage meetings with a cross functional team and expedites material where required to meet shortfall between current plan and customer order requirements
- You will analyze data and system information to prepare reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure optimal supply chain execution.
- You will maintain planning parameters in the MRP system to ensure proper order generation
- You will support cost reduction projects and improvement initiatives to achieve overall business objectives
You will compile with plan safety procedures to ensure a safe environment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in supply chain planning, inventory control, purchasing, logistics, stockroom operations, and/or shipping / receiving
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Relocation is not offered for this role. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of the Los Angeles, CA facility (zip code 90039) to be considered..
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and continuous improvement processes
- Knowledge of production work flow and work order generation logic
- Good PC skills, especially in MS Excel
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with all functions of the organizations
- Ability to multi-task
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time