Associate Commodity Manager
- You will develop, plan, monitor and execute direct material cost down projects utilizing the Eaton Standard Sourcing Process. The projects will provide NET 3% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
- You will implement and execute on global commodity sourcing strategies to effectively leverage Eaton’s global Filtration spend in conjunction with the Global Commodity Manager to deliver cost benefits.
- You will help keep commodity strategies aligned with latest internal and external environmental, market and economic factors. Build and maintain organizational consensus and alignment to the commodity strategies.
- You will negotiate and manage key strategic supplier agreements, cost negotiations and relationships
- You will manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, product engineering, and the Eaton plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through ramp up and successful launch.
- You will manage the supplier identification and selection for New Product Development projects for assigned commodities.
- You will be responsible to maintain supply continuity via risk identification and mitigation.
- You will develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrates Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
- You will conduct Supplier Business Reviews with strategic suppliers on a regular basis.
- You will develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Supply Chain
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering
- Master's degree in Operations or Business Administration
- 5 years of Supply Chain experience for a global manufacturer
- 1 Year Project Management experience
- 1 Year Buying and strategic procurement experience
- Bilingual Spanish, German, or Mandarin is an asset
- Strong understanding of key commodities and their impact to the business
- Demonstrated strategic thinker, capable of developing plans and actions to achieve targeted goals
- Interpersonal skills and ability to lead project teams
- Indirect leadership skills
- Results and detail-oriented
- Successful negotiator
- Experience working globally and dealing with multi-national and off-shore suppliers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time