Are currently recruiting for a:
Senior engineering leadership position responsible for Airframe valves, designing new products and commercialized solutions to support customers’ technical requirements, and developing product line extensions with the pumps function at Titchfield.
Essential Functions of the role
· Drive predictive performance on Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves products and technology development activities utilizing EBS tools and processes;
· Lead execution of robust Next-Generation PROLaunch design processes and continuous improvement/design efficiency initiatives (i.e. DFSS/DFR) across the Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves engineering and technology function;
· Lead development and execution of strategic planning initiatives, allocation of engineering resources, and technology roadmaps across the Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves engineering and technology function;
· Drive internal/external innovation activities across the Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves engineering and technology function, including IP management;
· Develop distributed design organizational capability for the Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves engineering and technology function;
· Develop close strategic and technical alignment with Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves product customers for developing new product requirements, major modifications of existing products, prototype qualification test requirements, and resolve product performance deficiencies;
· Provide weekly status on technical accomplishments/ issues across Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves product and technology development programs and innovation to the FMC engineering leadership team (FMCELT);
· Maintain close liaison with the operating organization through UK Engineering Manager to ensure high-quality product integrity and year-over-year manufacturing cost reductions;
· Lead profit planning efforts across the Airframe Fuel Pumps and Valves engineering and technology function and manage Fuel activity center budget throughout the follow on period of performance and deliver profit plan forecast and other financial expectations i.e. Fuel related capital
· Supervise, manage and provide technical leadership on the team
· Approve estimates of Technical related work packages.
· Liaising with Customers
· Attend Design Assessments/Reviews and, if required, FRB, MRB, IMC, LMC, etc.
· Approve technical reports relating to hydro-mechanical components.
· Ensure DFSS, DFMA & DFR methods are utilized.
· Ensure design and project engineering process adheres to PRO-launch requirements.
· Ensure latest Analysis software and associated hardware are being utilized.
· Determine and implement lean working methods and procedures and develop an on-line product knowledge capture process.
· Undertake subordinate staff performance and development reviews (APEX).
· Ensure Eaton targets are met with respect to standard philosophies and work practices.
· Approve subordinate staff holidays, sickness and overtime.
· Ensure staff training requirements are both identified and met.
· Ensure staff resource levels are compatible with profit plan.
· To ensure that technical, regulatory and commercial requirements are properly understood by the technical project team and that the design implementation meets these requirements.
· To review and authorize technical documentation in accordance with company procedures, including but not limited to:
· Engineering Plans
· Equipment Specifications & Test Schedules
· Co-ordination memos and meeting minutes
· To authorize estimates on work packages and the identification of risks with suitable mitigation.
· To lead in the preparation of technical proposals. To have the technical understanding and commercial intuition to produce competitive tendering documents.
· To support and champion cost out initiatives throughout the business in line with ELSS philosophy.
· To keep up to date with latest aerospace technology especially that related to aircraft fuel system and general pump performance.
Specialized experience required
· At least five years engineering experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry.
· Experience leading a multidisciplinary technical team.
· Proven ability to develop appropriate relationships at all levels within and outside the organisation.
· Experience generating, reviewing and authorising technical documentation.
· Familiarity liaising and managing customer expectations.
· Experience presenting at internal and external technical and commercial reviews.
· Experience generating activity based project schedules.
· Experience in conducting competitive analyses and defining/executing business level strategy.
· Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking
· Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
· Strategic Agility – sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately, has broad knowledge and perspective; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies & plans.
· Drive for results – can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Motivating others – creates a climate in which people want to do their best; empowers others; is someone people like working for and with.
· Managing and measuring work – clearly assigns responsibility for tasks and decisions; sets clear objectives and measures; designs feedback loops into work.
· Managerial courage – doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others.
· Developing direct reports – provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; constructs compelling development plans and executes them.
· Decision quality – makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment.
· Business acumen – knows how business work; knowledgeable in current and possible future technologies; knows the competition.
· Peer relationships – can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; can represent his/her own interests and yet be fair to other groups.
· Interpersonal savvy – relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No