Production Associate, Switchboard Assembly, IFS (Closeout)
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Production Associate, Switchboard Assembly, IFS (Closeout) to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
The Production Associate will receive work assignments from Supervisors, Production Coordinators, and/or internal customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- · You will correctly select and install, in accordance to drawings/diagrams/blueprints, various components/devices.
- · You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of the switchboard quality verification checklist.
- · You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Perform assigned function from oral / written instructions, drawings, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, hand drawn layout request. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function.
- · You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- · You will ensure all safety and industrial hygiene requirements are maintained.
- · You will work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s, requisitions and oral or written instructions. Use of tape measures required.
- · You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
High school diploma or GED required.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area of Sumter (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No