Assembler - 1st Shift
Eaton's Marina Power & Energy division is seeking an Assembler to work 1st Shift. This position will be located in historic Williamsburg, VA
This position will receive work assignments from Supervisors, Production Coordinators, and/or internal customers. The assembler will read and interpret wiring schematics, drawings and bills of material.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will build components of standard and engineered to order products using hand tools, torque drivers, pneumatic tools.
· You will work from manufacturing information such as Kanban cards, MI’s requisitions and oral or written instructions.
· You will perform set-ups, minor troubleshooting, and routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
· You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure quality criteria are met by review of documents, consciences assembly and proper employment of quality verification checklist.
· You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.
· You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
· You will keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
· You will perform Lean Initiatives.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
· High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within 50 miles of the Williamsburg, VA facility will be considered for this position.
· Must be able to move up-to 50 pounds with assistance.
· Previous experience in an assembly and/or manufacturing environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No