Regional Technical Support
- You will handle phone and email requests on a daily basis, from both customer/end-user and Customer Support Engineers/Independent Field Service Contractors, including after-hours rotation; requests are primarily “post-sales” including, but not limited to, UPS hardware, UPS software/connectivity, Battery, and other power-related equipment; required to log into phone system, and document all such calls in SiT/Oracle, including updating knowledge database, and follows escalations procedures when applicable.
- You will assist with providing information for the population of the knowledge database, through providing feedback on any/all product issue(s) resolutions discovered or unresolved issues.
- You will identify opportunities for improvement of field procedures, and related service manual content and reports these to the Lead RTS/Manager of Technical Support
- You will assist in the delivery of customer recommendations as directed by the Lead RTS/Manager of Technical Support
- You will assist Senior/Lead Regional Technical Support by participating in escalation of service calls
- You will provide information in assisting CSE/IFSC’s with modification opportunities as required, assuring this information is communicated to all
- You will participate as part of the national service delivery team as well as the technical support team.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution and/or 2 years of experience in the military with technical training.
- Minimum of 4 years prior power systems, battery technologies, and/or electronic experience required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Prior technical uninterruptable power systems (UPS) experience preferred.
- Must be available on a 24/7/365 rotating basis.
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver’s license required.
- Strong, positive customer focus.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time