CNC Setup Machinist I - 3rd Shift
Eaton Aerospace Group is currently seeing a CNC Setup Machinist I- Sign on bonus included to join our team. This position is based in North Charleston, SC
The setup machinist will lead the transition/changeover between production runs on various CNC machines such as mills and lathes then operate select machines through the remainder of the production run while ensuring quality parts from the work cell. Sign on bonus included with this position is $3000. $1000 is paid out on the first paycheck and the remaining $2000 is paid out after 6 months of employment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will properly set tools in machine locations required for set-up
You will perform part changeover including program retrieval and input
You will be able to perform all functions of the operator role of designated machine(s) at Fully Trained expertise level
You will effectively use pre-setter arm or tool setter and perform tool offsets
You will establish work offsets (G54, G55, etc.) manually and utilizing probing technology
You will change out all tooling and properly build tools
You will have general understanding of CNC programs
You will recognize, clear or eliminate machine alarms
You will troubleshoot and eliminate variations that are out of process; i.e. run-out, flatness problems.
You will read machine programs and perform speeds and feeds edits under engineering guidelines.
You will have ability understand, comprehend, and interpret the decimal system in order to measure down to millionths
You will read, understand, and reset CNC machine program codes
You will be able to perform all functions of the operator role of designated machine(s) at full trained expertise level
You will be able to calculate and input axis coordinates for CNC machines up to 3 axis’s or use spindle probe to determine work offsets
You will be able to manage parts with less than 10 part features
You will calculate and input axis coordinates X, Y and Z or use spindle probe to determine work offsets
You will utilize Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing results to make adjustments to work offsets
You will be able to run mills or lathes
You will cross train other employees in machine operations
You will follow all Eaton safety policies and standards
You will fulfill the requirements of the Quality Policy and Quality Management System
You will maintain a clean and safe working environment adhering to 5S Principles
· High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
· Must have a minimum of two (2) years’ experience operating CNC lathes and/or mills in a manufacturing or operations environment or equivalent education
· Must have one (1) years’ experience setting up CNC lathes and/or mills
· Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- · Relocation is not provided. Candidate must reside within 50 mile radius of North Charleston, SC to be considered.
· Technical degree in manufacturing, machining, or related field
· Journeyman’s Toolmaker Certification
· Experience with CNC or conversational programming
· Experience operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders etc.)
· Familiar with Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing techniques such as Value Stream Mapping, 5S, TPM, Error Proofing, Standardized Work, Set up Reduction, Continuous Flow, and Pull
· Experience in Troubleshooting Problems using quality tools such as statistics, 8D, 5 Why, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
· PC computer skills (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, etc...) with ability to learn other programs
· Must be able to understand and interpret blueprints and sketches including proficiency in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
· Must be able to perform basic shop math.
· Must have demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No