Lead Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is seeking a Lead Financial Analyst. The Lead Financial Analyst can be based at either our Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA facility.
Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting the Electrical Sector
Financial Planning & Analysis Manager in preparing timely and effective examination
and financial reporting for Electrical Sector Management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare Electrical Sector non-operations consolidated commentary and variance analysis following each month-end and rolling forecast and be a key contributor to the Electrical Sector’s annual Profit Plan process.
- You will manage the month end close process and ensure all relevant transactions are reflected in Oracle and Encore for the Electrical Sector’s non-operations ledgers.
- You will provide consistent support and feedback to the Electrical Sector’s operating groups and their FP&A managers regarding performance in Sector headquarters ledgers.
- You will participate in BPI and continuous improvement teams as necessary. Establish and maintain an environment of cooperation, standardization, and sharing across the Electrical Sector’s operating groups.
- You will proactively identify, recommend, and implement enhanced methods and procedures to improve financial reporting and management processes.
- You will support internal control / SOX requirements for Electrical Sector. Reconcile Division Balance Sheet accounts on a monthly basis. Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures and applicable Eaton financial policies.
- You will collaborate with the Electrical Sector’s technical manager to understand and accurately forecast R&D expenses and other investments made at the Sector level.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH or Moon Township, PA facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Graduate degree desirable, as well as CPA or CMA accreditation.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel & Powerpoint).
- Proficient with Oracle/HFM and ENCORE reporting systems.
- Ability to prepare, examine, and interpret financial data/reports.
- Broad general product and business knowledge in order to adequately interpret operating results.
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable interacting with all levels and all groups/regions of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and can work self-sufficiently.
- Deadline-oriented and demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time