EHS Manager - Business Service Center
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
EHS Manager - Business Service Center
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Implement and continuously improve the safety, health and environmental system in conjunction with the Eaton Corporation guidelines, for the purpose of making the facilities a safe, environmental friendly, energy efficient, secure and productive place to work while keeping in compliance with all local regulations. This position provides EHS leadership to the Site, work with site leadership team and facilities to ensure that all key EHS controls are in place. Keeps contact with the regional EHS colleagues, implement EHS programs at the EMEA Business Service Center.
- Provides advice and guidance to all levels of the organization on all EHS and connecting legislative issues on a daily basis, supporting that good and timely business decisions are made.
- Identifies and records EHS training needs, along with Line Managers, providing training and development as required on a company, departmental and individual level. Develops a library of EHS training resources suited to the business requirements, whilst managing the cost and quality of the training. Identify the necessary competencies for EHS Related positions (like MESH Champions, Leadership team, etc.) and together with HR develops necessary development plans.
- Develops, implements and maintains plans, policies and procedures relating to the EHS Management Systems in place
- Responsible for ensuring EHS internal and external audits are carried out in a timely manner and corrective actions are documented and closed within the specified time frame.
- Maintains EHS records for the Budapest site to comply with local legislative requirements and company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring Accident Investigation and Reporting requirements are carried out and that appropriate corrective actions are agreed and completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for ensuring that all necessary EHS licenses, permits and authorizations are in place and renewed as needed. Also to ensure that any specified conditions or action levels are monitored and maintained within prescribed limits.
- Supporting the necessary information to HR manager and Site leader, to ensure that employees requiring medical monitoring according legislation or other requirements are referred to our Occupational Health Service provider.
- Responsible for ensuring that Risk Management reports are reviewed and that all key exposures are addressed by implementing directly or recommending appropriate corrective actions to senior management.
- Responsible for ensuring MESH system and operations comply with the corporate requirements. For the correction of the non-conformities set’s up action plans and execute or address them directly to the senior management them.
- For the improvement of the EHS results develops proper actions, implement and evaluate them. Responsible for coordinate the site organization to achieve the yearly goals.
- Performing audits in MESH as required.
- Supervise EHS champions.
- Graduate Level at least one of the EHS Functional fields (safety, environmental safety, fire safety)
- Work safety technician level (or higher)
- Experience of training and development
- Ability to create and deliver training programs
- 5 year+ EHS experience
- Experience of operating within a multi-site/ global environment
- 2nd European language skills advantageous
- Good level of PC literacy
- Ability to deal with people at all levels of the organization essential
- Good knowledge ISO and EHS standard requirements
- Ability to write and implement EHS policies and procedures
- Good up to date knowledge of European EHS law
- Ability to travel (under 5-10%)
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time