1) Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives and implementation of keys strategic initiatives.
2) Establishment and delivery of Finance strategies for ANZ including monthly forecast, profit plans, strategic plans. Set goals and objectives, monthly financial reconciliations, reporting and analysis for the organization.
3) Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results; initiating corrective actions; minimizing the impact of variances.
4) Report financial status by developing forecasts; reporting results; analyzing variances; developing improvements.
5) Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities and provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
6) Maintain integrity of the financial reporting prepared for the organization. Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with GAAP and local statutory requirements.
7) Ownership of balance sheet and account reconciliation processes to maintain the integrity of the general ledger and its supporting sub-ledger. Assess adequacy of reserves and account usage while providing continuous training and oversight to reporting finance personnel to ensure compliance with Eaton standards and policies. Provide support for balance sheet review process.
8) Establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company assets and provides integrity and accuracy of financial transactions and activities. Utilize a working knowledge of Oracle ERP system, Encore reporting systems and SOX requirements to ensure compliance and financial reporting accuracy under IFRS and US GAAP.
9) Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile. Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry. Oversee contract negotiations and tender submissions. Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
10) Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
11) Continually review and improve financial controls throughout the business; Participation in programs such as EBEC and EBS to improve the performance of the Company. Participation in the Executive Management of the Company.
12) Ongoing development of staff and the department by use of Organisation Capability Assessment and APEX.
Responsible for Building Organizational Capability (BOC) within the Finance team. Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth and the opportunity for advancement
13) Evaluate and approve business unit’s capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and
14) Coordinate IT requirements within Corporate IT Platform. Lead ad hoc projects including ERP system upgrades.
Support other company initiatives including EBE, MESH, ELSS and other BPI efforts
15) Ensure operational excellence within the Finance function. Drive drives efficiencies with effective controls in place, whilst also delivering financial partnering services to the ANZD and broader Eaton business
16) Manage internal and external stakeholders, treasury, auditor, banks, taxation authorities.
17) Other responsibilities as required by the direct and functional manager.
Degree in Finance or Accounting; CPA, Qualified accountant
1. 7-10 years of accounting or finance experience in Manufacturing or industrial related environment, preferably in a multinational company
2. Strong aptitude for and experience in providing leadership to a mid-sized Finance team, with strong people leadership and function management capabilities
3. Experience with Oracle and SAP systems.
4. Strong verbal and written communication abilities to achieve clear alignment between local entity and region/division.
5. Possess a very solid accounting background, an aptitude for ERP and Microsoft office and willing to focus on details.
6. Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo.
7. Ability to leverage functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
8. In addition to good interpersonal relationship skills and influencing ability, the individual should also possess a track record in people management and extensive experience in a sales and marketing and distribution environment.
9. US GAAP, SOX experience / exposure and provide technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, local legal requirements and GAAP
10. Key to the success of this role will be the ability to be able to think strategically yet deliver pragmatically, willing to be hands on and have the ability to handle a large number of conflicting priorities to strict deadlines. Excellent time priority management and delegation skills are essential
11. Strong Professional and senior level presence; ability to adapt the style to fit the audience, inspires passion and commitment, with the confidence required to interact and command respect from business leadership team.
12. Must be able to influence others, remove roadblocks for the team and inspire an achievement oriented culture
13. Strong business acumen/understanding of the market and industry environment including foreign currency impacts, effective hedging protocols, and local customs and duty requirements
14. Very strong problem solving capabilities, with the ability to analyze trends, forecast, conduct gap analysis and develop remedial and risk mitigation strategies that can be implemented by appropriate team members.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: ANZD AustraliaNew Zealand Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time