- Provide direct supervision for production personnel. Participate in decisions involving hiring, promotion, wage/salary change and termination of employment.
- Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Effectively plan and manage the organization and utilization of people, technology and materials
- Monitor departmental productivity to ensure that established quality and production levels are maintained or exceeded.
- Implement and support behavioral based zero incident safety culture
- Engage direct reports in ELS initiatives including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving
- Follow, audit, and coach direct reports on adherence to processes and procedures
- Maintain departmental personnel records and reports on productivity, quality, and attendance
- Provide effective & timely communication between management and departmental personnel
- Maintain all departmental, work, vacation, overtime and related schedules
- Interface effectively with other departments to expedite the workflow and ensure the established quality expectations
- Perform performance reviews with assigned personnel on an annual basis
- Ability to lead and function in a high performance work team focused on meeting or exceeding expected results while treating others with respect
- Utilize Eaton development resources (Eaton University, FLEX training, Off-site FLL, etc) to develop self, direct reports, improve employee engagement, and improve overall results
- 2-years of experience at least supervising and /or managing people.
Bachelor Degree (Engineering or related)
Demonstrated effective English verbal and written communication skills.
Experience in a manufacturing environment and inter-relationship with other areas required.
Good mechanical background with technical knowledge in the areas of machining, tooling, gauging and/or manufacturing equipment operation.
Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, provide ongoing coaching and feedback, manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement.
Good understanding and positive support of standard personnel and administrative policies, practices and legal requirements pertaining to business operations.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and MPR systems
Willingness and availability to be assigned to any shift and to work weekends as needed.
Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and direct the activities of a group of people.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time