Eaton’s Power Systems Division is seeking an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager will be based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
Manager is responsible for providing strategic, analytical, and tactical
leadership and managing the financial department and the various systems &
processes within this discipline, ensuring compliance to corporate financial
policies, GAAP, and legal requirements. They will own the balance sheet and
account reconciliation process to maintain the integrity of the general
ledger/supporting sub-ledgers. The
controller provides value to the business by serving as a coach, trainer, and
mentor to the finance and management teams in accounting and compliance focused
activities. The successful candidate will consistently demonstrate the ability
to influence a geographically dispersed team through a positive and supportive
approach, while driving compliance to financial policies and holding team
members accountable for performance expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Eaton Financial policies. This role will reconcile general ledger accounts to ensure proper documentation and adequate funding of accruals through account analysis and research of transactions.
- You will be the primary financial resource for the VP of Sales and customer support organization. This role will evaluate and regularly maintain all Rebate, Promo, and Co-op programs for Retail and key distribution accounts. Manage all agent commission programs and ensure timely accurate payments are processed.
- You will participate in key monthly business operating rhythm to help drive execution of our profit plan and longer term strategy.
- Serve as point person between E&Y, Internal Audit, and SOX for audit requests for PSD HQ ledgers
- Develop guidance, communicate, and drive consistency and ensure financial policy compliance.
- Annually conduct the regional risk assessment across all Power Systems ledgers. Maintain and update the Finance Process Narratives for the Division. Define and conduct ad-hoc audits/monitoring processes of key controls and processes across all Power Systems ledgers based on risk assessment.
- Manage capital spending within profit plan for the division and oversee CAR approval process and capital management within the system.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other discipline from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in progressive finance/accounting roles
- Minimum of 3 years’ supervisory experience through managing multiple direct reports or project teams
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- CPA, CMA
- Masters of Accounting or MBA
- Systems skills/experience desired: SAP Financials, Hyperion.
- Experience in financial forecasting and budgeting.
- Broad exposure to and intermediate level of understanding of International accounting issues across financial disciplines, i.e., foreign currency reporting translation and revaluation impacts, tax strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, etc.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Expert analytical skills; intellectual rigor and curiosity; problem-solving capability
- Identifies and raises issues and problems in a constructive manner
- Ability to work alone and with a team; communicates articulately and across many organizational levels, demonstrates a strong professional image, and effectively builds rapport with stakeholders
- Personal ownership and organization savvy required: teaming, collaborating, coaching, stimulating assumptions and giving corrective feedback with tact and respect, sharing knowledge
- Results-oriented, dependable, and sense of urgency for work quality and timeliness
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills
- Communicate articulately, assuredly, and professionally across many organizational levels; and effectively influence stakeholders
- Is flexible, adaptable and demonstrates a willingness to change, and ability to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate non-productive activities.
- Learns from past experiences and applies learnings to current situation to improve performance.
- Keeps up-to-date on knowledge and skills specific to job/field by proactively creating and following through on development plans.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time