Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton has an immediate opening for Senior Manufacturing Engineer located in Sumter, SC.
Work on complex projects in the development of methods and processes. Research and offer solutions to resolve problems. Investigate, establish and implement requirements for equipment, tooling, materials, and methods of production. Recommend capital purchases. Determine best utilization of equipment, facilities, material flow and personnel. Investigate and troubleshoot technical problems. Write, review and revise operation sheets, prepare or direct preparation of time/motion studies. Evaluate and initiate orders for new machinery and equipment required for production process. Confer with engineering personnel on design changes, tooling and new product development programs. Support other processes of the facility such as Quality Department. Manage capitol improvement projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will Determine manufacturing methods and machine or line loading to produce parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for new products or customer orders requiring extensive planning consistent with overall division objectives.
- You will plan all tooling such as jigs, fixtures, special tools, and similar items.
- You will evaluate, specify and implement the operation of new and existing machine tools and other equipment.
- You will outline the required workflow and material handling devices including storage areas, work areas, and workplace layout. Prepare complete operation line-ups to manufacture all parts for a product line or for a section.
- You will support Lean, Six Sigma, and Pro Launch through the creation of Process Maps, Standard Work, Tatk Times, Potential Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, Control Plans, and Job Safety Analysis for production lines.
- You will compile complete cost analyses for a product line or section based on extension of hourly rates, burden and material costs, cost of new machine tools and the handling of equipment. This includes specifications for such items as layouts, tooling, machine tools, and material.
- You will take necessary measures to improve the quality of product and information in the respective area of responsibility.
- You will be responsible for safety and housekeeping objectives; follow all safety rules and procedures and report unsafe conditions to line management.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required.
· Minimum 2 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico