Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton’s Aerospace Group has an opening for a Lead Supplier Quality Engineer. This position is based in Jackson, MS.
The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for ensuring a robust and effective supply chain aligned around zero defects, lean manufacturing concepts and direct flow down of contractual and non-contractual commitments. Integral to this is improving supplier quality, on-time delivery, and cost performance through development activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will serve as a Lead Auditor to perform on-site, quality system audits at suppliers and gap analysis in order to assess Eaton’s Aerospace Group, Customer and FAA regulatory requirements to AS9100 / ISO 9001:2000 standards.
- You will perform on-site and internal supplier development activities via Pareto of defects, 8D, and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- You will facilitate problem solving and root cause analysis activities both internal to Eaton’s Aerospace Group and external to Eaton’s supply base and Customers when required to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances.
- You will actively support of Eaton Cost-out and IDEAS Programs.
- You will assume leading role in the development and application of Advanced Quality tools such as: Key Characteristics, Variability Reduction, Failure Modes Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- You will provide Supply Chain interfaces with the aircraft design teams, team partners, program management office, suppliers and the customer as required.
- You will improve key metrics supply chain KPI’s, including Supplier OTD (Past due), DPPM and scrap.
- You will conduct lean manufacturing assessments at suppliers to drive process standardization, waste elimination and continuous improvement.
- You will conduct lean manufacturing training and implementation.
The Jackson facility has approximately 500 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of Aerospace hydraulic components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in a quality role.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Jackson, MS facility will be considered for this position.
- Certified Lead Auditor to ISO 9001: 2000, AS9100 standards.
- 8D (RCCA) problem solving, aerospace auditing background and ASQ CQA preferred.
- Working knowledge in functional measuring equipment usage and machining.
- Masters of Business Administration from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of Aerospace product and manufacturing processes, machining methodologies, and inspection techniques.
- Detailed knowledge of the latest ANSI Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) specifications per ASME Y14.5M.
- Knowledge of machining, assembly & test operations, gauging, SPC, and APQP.
- Experience utilizing AS9100 Quality System and product/process auditing techniques.
- Knowledge of AS9102 First Article and AS9103 Key Characteristic requirements.
- Must exhibit a high level of motivation, sense of urgency, and energetic approach to job duties and requirements.
- Strong ethics, values and the ability to influence others’ decision making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/activities; results driven.
- Knowledge of product and manufacturing process.
- Process oriented and ability to lead and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (30%).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time