1) Lead to identify, initiate, qualify and manage cost reduction activities by identifying supplier consolidation / localization / resourcing and alternative vendors who can offer operational benefits/savings, with no compromise on quality and services. Working with users on alternative materials, supplies and services for overall cost and productivity improvement.
2) Drive cost out by project and perform project on time completion, and smooth rump up & down for production as well as follow through Eaton sourcing procedurals.
3) Lead, coordinate, and manage localization APQP, PPAP with suppliers. Ensure supplier PPAP documentations preparation timeline and part dimensional layout at suppliers before submission. Work to verify supplier’s process controls as a part of PPAP approval at suppliers.
4) Lead and work closely with suppliers on supplier development opportunities such as Quality Systems, Process Controls, Six Sigma, Lean, 8-D, FEMA, Control Plan, PPAP, etc t.
5) Report and drive cost out results through forecasting and coordinate with cross functional team on problem solving and timely action to avoid risks during the project implementation period
1) Bachelor degree in foundry or machining engineering of hydraulics
2) Above 5-year experience in sourcing or engineering with Strong project management skill
3) Strong problem solving skill on operation execution
4) Strong coordination and communication skill with inter and external customer and supplier
5) Good communication skill on inter and external customer/supplier communications
6) Strong negotiation skills with the suppliers
7) Good command of verbal and written English
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time