You will interact with suppliers to communicate delivery expectations, forecasts, design changes, lead-time management, and material expedites or delays to ensure Suppliers meet Supplier On Time Delivery (SOTD) goals
You will drive cost reduction opportunities
You will be involved with strategic sourcing to align negotiations, new supplier selection, and Supply Chain strategy.
You will review purchase requisitions, place purchase orders, issue change notices, review exception messages to ensure delivery of materials or services as necessary to adhere to production schedules.
You will maintain Material Master records for assigned materials; ensure accurate PIR records, Source Lists, and promptly reconcile supplier invoices for payment.
You will review part consumption characteristics to ensure appropriate planning parameters are maintained.
You will review and maintain internal / external Kanban replenishment, vendor managed programs, scheduling agreements and blanket orders.
You will provide Root Cause Corrective Action when needed.
You will participate in continuous improvement opportunities.
You will proactively avoid material shortages.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience performing purchasing and production planning functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be eligible to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this role. Only candidates residing within the immediate area (50 miles) will be considered for this role.
- Proficient experience with Purchasing and Planning using SAP.
- APICS certification (CPIM).
- Demonstrated capability of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies – Green Belt certification a plus.
- Demonstrated Negotiation Experience
- Proven experience with quality assurance and reporting accuracy.
- Proven knowledge and applications skills with process improvements.
- Ability to work with Engineering teams and all Operations related departments.
- Understands key MRP Health metrics.
- This position requires the incumbent to be able to apply analytical and problem solving skills, which includes demonstrated knowledge or familiarity with problem solving tools. Incumbent should also understand the use of statistical tools.
- Thorough knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) logic.
- This position drives value by defining problems and eliminating root causes, and applying solutions for process improvements
- The selected candidate should have sound knowledge of commodity and risk management including vendor selection, purchasing, performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
- Good written, verbal and strong interpersonal communications skills to interact with both internal and/or external customers and suppliers.
- Sense of urgency and ability to drive to positive results in a complex environment.
- Good organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Applications; Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time