Commodity Manager - Plastics & Filters
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Regional Commodity Manager is accountable for developing strategic supplier alliances, ensuring supplier performance, the reduction of total supply chain costs and improving quality and service delivery throughout the supply chain system. In addition, this role develops long-term commodity strategic planning, creates commodity metrics, and ensures commodity strategies are aligned, deployed and meet the requirements of Supply Chain Management across the world-wide Vehicle Group operations. The position is accountable for effectively implementing Eaton’s strategic plan and managing measurable results. Specific responsibilities include:
Establishes and leads supply chain teams in developing strategies to leverage Eaton’s Vehicle Group world-wide buy, generate cost-outcome results, reduce supply base and improve quality and service performance.
Initiates, develops and executes regional strategic initiatives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global preferred supplier partners.
Negotiates and manages key strategic supplier contracts.
Reviews, approves, monitors and reports compliance to commodity agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions.
Initiates innovative business solutions, forecasts and commodity projections.
Presents to senior management new planning tools, methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives.
Creates and leads cohesive teams for supporting and managing supply chain strategic and operations goals and objectives.
Identifies and implements innovative solutions to business problems, independently and through high performance cross-functional teams.
Benchmarks procurement processes and develops and implements best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, engineering or business administration from an accredited institution
- 3 years of purchasing experience or 5 years of total supply chain experience e.g. supply chain, sourcing, commodity management, materials, logistics
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI will be considered for this position.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- Experience with SCM program and commodity management functions
- Prior experience negotiating with global suppliers
- Prior experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders, including senior management (internally and externally)
- Prior experience deploying commodity strategies and/or driving cost-out
- Knowledge of or experience with industrial manufacturing processes
- Prior experience with machined or forged metallic components
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time