Lab Technician - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Lab Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA location.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be setting up and performing electrical, mechanical, and optical tests on our product components.
- You will play a critical role in ensuring Eaton delivers a high quality product, using world class development processes, and rigorous validation testing in one of Eaton’s fastest growing business segments.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- HS Diploma or GED/equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of the work location will be considered
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- 1 year experience in one or more of the following areas: Electronics, Wiring Simple Circuits, Fabricating and/or assembling mechanical/electrical devices, Electro-mechanical test and/or laboratory experience
- Associate's Degree in electronics or technology/ Military Equivalent electronics school
- Ability to use multiple software packages efficiently including Sharepoint, MS ACCESS database, and unique testing software.
- Equivalent to 5+ years related test and/or laboratory experience, providing familiarity with development laboratory work.
- Working knowledge of LED’s, electronic controls, and power electronics
- Familiarity with Cooper Lighting product lines.
- Experience with optical lab equipment such as integrating spheres, data collection and analysis software used in completing optical performance reports, and use of a goniophotometer preferred
- Experience working in an A2LA or NVLAP accredited laboratory environment.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No