Inspector Tester C- Weekend Shift
Perform assembly inspection of transformers/regulators at various locations in the assembly plants per established procedures. Perform electrical testing on assembled single and three phase transformers/regulators per established procedures. Monitor conformance to quality standards.
· Perform routine factory dielectric tests per established procedures, including OX (induced), QC impulse, and hipot (applied potential).
· Perform routine factory loss tests per established procedures, including load loss (winding loss) & no-load loss (core loss).
· Perform power factor, ratio, and resistance tests per established procedures.
· Perform operational test on regulators as required.
· Perform continuity test on unit per established procedures.
· Following routine tests, inspect unit nameplate, stamp impedance value on nameplate, and secure nameplate to tested unit.
· Perform visual inspection on interior of unit upon completion of testing.
· Perform minor maintenance of test equipment.
· Perform special routine tests when required.
· Perform all responsibilities of the Inspector, including, but not limited to:
· Performing visual inspection of units throughout the assembly process per established procedures.
· Performing the following tests as required per established procedures: ratio, resistance, leak, continuity, control box, insulation resistance, regulator sub-assembly, regulator modification, regulator run-in.
· Applying decals and stencils to exterior of unit and perform paint mileage check as required.
· Assisting Engineering and Manufacturing in identifying and resolving shop floor problems.
· Completing various company forms to communicate inspection status and other information and to document inspection results per established procedures.
· Collecting various types of data per established procedures as required
• High school graduate or GED equivalent.
• Education in AC/DC fundamentals, or equivalent experience.
• Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• Position not eligible for relocation.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No