Lead Analyst, Global SIOP
Eaton’s Hydraulics Division has an opening for a Lead Analyst – Global SIOP located in Eden Prairie, MN.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Hydraulics Global Material Planners work as part of the Global SIOP & Planning Team. The Global Planners provide a centralized service to a group of sites in multiple regions, ensuring that they have the correct amount of material on hand to meet end-customer demand.
· Participate in the replenishment design for suppliers. This includes review and approval of the replenishment model selections, calculation and revaluation of min-max, management of discrete planning parameters, MRP PFEP settings, etc.
· Analyze and monitor the MRP forecast for his/her group of suppliers. Provide feedback to the SIOP process to improve the SIOP and MRP forecast.
· Monitor the daily activities of suppliers and the needs of the Eaton sites to ensure that replenishment is supporting customer demand.
· Support the SIOP Supply team by monitoring supplier capacity for key suppliers, ensuring that the suppliers are aligning current and future plans to the SIOP forecast and elevating issues/concerns.
· Support the Logistics team by monitoring adherence to established logistics carriers/lanes, providing feedback on the proper function of the lanes, and identifying cost out opportunities. Treat any expedited freight scenarios with the utmost urgency while maintaining disciplined use of standard carriers and providing root cause feedback to minimize recurrence.
· As applicable, monitor external warehouse inventory and provide feedback to the suppliers and Eaton on the inventory levels and inventory targets.
· Monitor the all consignment inventories to ensure compliance to the consignment agreement, including inventory levels, product age, etc.
· Establish and maintain effective communication linkages with the sites that he/she serves to ensure that the site has a voice in the replenishment design and maintenance.
· Establish and maintain effective two-way communication linkages with his/her suppliers to ensure that both sides have all required information to maintain a healthy supply chain.
· Maintain a proactive and disciplined approach to serving the sites that he/she serves, maintaining constant coverage and being responsive to all requests and needs.
· Support all change management activities impacting his/her sites and suppliers. This includes new product launches, restructuring, cost out transitions, supplier site closures/moves, ECN, MPS, etc.
· Support the Procurement team by ensuring compliance to established commodity strategies, providing feedback on commodity strategy improvements, and identifying materials cost-out ideas.
· Support the Procurement Team by monitoring and assisting in closing payment holds, managing the AP 12/13 interface.
· Promote Eaton’s Ethics and Values, monitoring supplier compliance to our policies and personally acting as an ambassador of Eaton in all actions and communication.
· As a Senior Planner, must be able to train and mentor new Material Planners and take the lead in complex initiatives facing the team.
· As a Senior Planner, must be a subject matter expert with all replenishment tools (e.g. Supplier Vis and MFG Pro Schedules) and related materials analysis tools (e.g. Pulse, Wisper)
· As a Global Planner, need to coordinate and drive activities of the regional teams to ensure that Global supplier capacity is used in an optimal way to ensure all needs are met in the most cost effective manner
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Minimum 3 years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, or Logistics
Minimum 2 years of experience in Materials Management including Material Planning, Master Scheduling, Materials Analysis, etc.
Minimum 2 years of experience working with an large scale MRP system; Oracle, SAP, MFG Pro, etc.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Relocation is available for this opportunity.
APICS CPIM certification
5 years of experience in one or more of the following functional areas: Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Materials Management, or Logistics
Minimum of 1 year of Manufacturing/plant experience
Minimum of 1 year of experience working with consumption based replenishment; Min-Max, Kanban, etc.
Minimum of 1 year of experience with MRP master data management
Understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive
Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management
Strong analytical and cognitive skills
Excellent interpersonal relationship building and team work skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong project management experience
Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and document complex business processes and systems
Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel
Ability to train and mentor new employees in Materials Planning tools and processes
Ability to independently manage Materials and Operations projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only