Eaton’s Omaha Power Center has an immediate opening for a Production Technician – 1st Shift
This position assembles and installs electrical metering, relaying and transformer components into medium voltage (5-38kv) switchgear assemblies as well as device wiring.
- Position and install component parts according to material list and blueprints.
- Assembly includes a wiring task whereby it is necessary to stand, sit, bend and in general assume a number of different positions throughout the day.
- Wire lugs are crimped on the end of the wire and are done with manual and automatic crimpers and strippers.
- Wire looms need to be neat and wiring must be accurate.
- Point-to-Point wiring diagrams are used to install all wiring. Routing of wire from one point to the other is a task requiring the ability to plan ahead to avoid rewiring.
- Able to work off ladders and in tight spaces.
- Focuses on quality, customer service, safety, productivity.
- Must be willing to work overtime as required, including weekends.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a continual, permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 60 miles of Omaha, NE will be considered for this position.
- Working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime.
- Good problem solving and troubleshooting ability.
- Excellent history of work performance, team work and attendance.
- 1 year related experience in electrical wiring in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and interpret drawings or wire diagrams.
- Experience in wiring electrical products.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No