Eaton's Corporate sector has an opening for an:
Location: Budapest, Hungary
This open post is for an experienced credit associate analyst within the Budapest Credit team. The primary purpose is to provide expert collections and reconciliation skills in relation to managing the cash flow across the region to ensure that targets are met and exceeded.
The candidate will be required to liaise with key internal stakeholders, end customers, have the ability to communicate effectively and has strong negotiation skills. A proven track record in achieving results and the ability to provide analysis and recommendations on cash flow enhancements is essential.
· Build a Credit Collections strategy and ensure goals are achieved on European based portfolio
· Achieve & Exceed Credit & Collections goals - DSO and aged debt goals
· Define key process enhancements that will drive enhancements through the OTC process and improve cash flow
· Provide enhancements to the credit function by automating and streamlining processes
· Provide accurate weekly cash forecasts, mitigation risk plans and clear escalation plans to Credit management based on collection activity
· Provide weekly action plans on delinquent customers across the portfolio to drive resolution and mitigate root cause.
· Analyses collection performance on portfolio and drive future strategy to ensure goals are met and exceeded
· Define process/strategy to reduce and maintain a low volume/value of disputed items on the portfolio
· Review customer credit Risk to mitigate bad debts and reduce reserve account
· Engage with key external stakeholders within regional operational plants – Sales, credit and finance teams to enhance credit strategies.
· Work on documenting and standardizing processes within the function
· Provide support to the Risk team to evaluate and provide recommendations on the receivables asset.
· Manage own time / priorities: work well and be highly organized under pressure; skilled at managing multiple tasks within demanding timelines and a sometimes stressful environment. Decision-making: fast; accurate; confident; also know when to seek advice
· At least 2 years’ experience in a Credit & Collections role
· Strong track record in achieving and exceeding goals/targets essential
· Experience of credit management and collections management preferable
· Strong understanding of the Order to cash process
· Ability to negotiate effectively to drive resolutions.
· Strong reconciliation and problem solving skills
· Strong customer focus and service delivery
· Ability to provide accurate data and proven experience in ability to influence recipients in relation to content
· Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills required
· Process Improvement experience, always looking for opportunities to refine the way we do things
· Strong team player
· Previous experience of Oracle/SAP and other ERP systems preferred
What Eaton offers:
· Permanent contract in fast growing global company
· Great promotional opportunities – Eaton encourages internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Applicants to this vacancy will be subject to ability testing, as part of the recruitment process.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.