Eaton’s Fuel Motion Control Systems Division within the Aerospace Group is seeking a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be based at our Irvine, CA facility.
This position will be responsible for general accounting, journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, account receivable collections, fixed asset review and capital appropriation requests (CAR) management, Sales and Bookings Reporting and analysis, Royalties and Commissions examination, Prepaid expenses review and accruals.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations for selected accounts.
· You will maintain our fixed assets records including asset inventory and manage the capital appropriation request process.
· You will coordinate our AR collections activities, prepare and reconcile daily cash receipts, and prepare monthly sales and bookings reports.
· You will prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual Eaton supplemental reporting schedules (RSDs)
· You will review royalties, commissions, prepaid expenses and prepare the corresponding payments.
· You will perform various Sarbanes Oxley control activities, review procurement card transactions and complete journal entries for sales tax.
· You will provide back up support to the Cost Account when needed as well as participate in ad-hoc projects.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience is required.
- Minimum of 2 Oracle or similar accounting system experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Irvine, CA facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- 4+ years of work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Aerospace industry experience
- MBA or CPA
- MFG-Pro or similar manufacturing ERP experience
- Government Accounting background (i.e. FAR, compliance
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information. Must be able to see detail and big picture so that resulting communications and reports describe key risks and drivers as well as details and are prepared and presented in a manner consistent with previous reported data.
- Team-oriented & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively with financial and non-financial colleagues to drive business partnering relationships at multiple levels of the organization.
- Business process improvement focus required to drive deployment of world class processes.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent professional written and oral communication skills
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- A pro-active nature to help embed process improvement and the ability to work closely with other functions are key attributes required for this role.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time