Operational Excellence Training Team Leader
Eaton’s Electrical facility in Arden, NC is seeking an Operational Excellence Training Team Leader.
The Operational Excellence Training Team Leader’s role is primarily focused on the successful onboarding, development, and preparation of employees into the Asheville plant organization. This includes delivery and management of instructor-led and alternative learning programs. This includes manufacturing shop floor personnel, front office associates inclusive of engineering.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop training program specific for each product line and functional group at Asheville plant and maintain training schedules and proactively engage the organization in developing consistent skill and talent development programs to ensure a healthy pipeline of developed talent.
- You will utilize Continuous Improvement Framework to evaluate training methods and effectiveness of programs; and identifies opportunities to improve programs and work with plant leadership team to implement solutions.
- You will lead and conducts ongoing training and development needs assessments and aligns training objectives with overall company business goals.
- You will lead the training coordinators to develop and implement orientation program for new hires.
- You will select and implement tools for delivering the learning and development training curriculum and use of an LMS (Learning Management System) such as eSafety or other appropriate database.
- You will compile data and reports to track program costs and actively seek cost saving and productivity improvement opportunities.
- You will work with each manager/supervisor to ensure adoption & consistent implementation of on-boarding & training programs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· 5+ years of experience in delivering training
· Prior knowledge of Lean and Continuous Improvement principles or practices
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time