Area Sales - Hydraulics PMC
- Identify customer applications, products, programs, etc. that present an opportunity for PMC and Fluid Conveyance product sales. Propose solutions to these customer needs, coordinate division resources and customer decision centers to achieve customer and division goals and objectives.
- Communicates effectively with distributors and customers on new or revised PMC and FC division marketing policies and procedures as well as periodic review of open orders, forecasts, inventory levels and other goals and performance metrics.
- Coordinates and implements, on a shared responsibility basis with Customer Service departments, special warranty agreements/procedures at assigned customers.
- Recommends (to PMC and FC division marketing and pricing department) price proposals/changes, product changes, delivery changes and other miscellaneous programs as needed to meet market/customer needs.
- Plans, conducts or coordinates technical sales training sessions on standard and new PMC and FC products and their applications for distributors and customers.
- Coordinates special marketing or growth program sales efforts as requested. Develops and coordinates focused sales plans to maximize sales penetration.
- Gathers, identifies and reports customer and market information on new or prospective products.
- Prepares and submits routine call reports, monthly reports, action plan updates, operating plan updates, GAP Analysis, TOP, and other sales oriented documents to the Regional Sales Manager upon request.
- Manages primary effort at distributors to increase Eaton PMC and FC product market share.
- Analyze and recommend changes as appropriate in customer assignments and/or distribution coverage.
- Operate within assigned annual territory expense budget.
- Maintain effective communication across all Eaton sales channels through a sound understanding of the full Eaton distribution channel strategy. Thorough understanding of CCR.
- Where appropriate and requested, participate in marketing trade shows and events.
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years commercial sales experience or graduate of the Eaton Hydraulics Sales Development Program
- Valid driver’s license
- CFPS/CFPE certification preferable
- Basic technical education and experience in fluid conveyance, power, motion and controls products is required to apply products in a variety of customer requirements in a wide variety of industries such as machine tool, mining, agriculture, construction, industrial process, alternative energy, material handling, marine and forestry.
- Technical knowledge of mechanical and electrical fundamentals is required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the markets and customers is required.
- Broad range of computer skills associated the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Requires the ability to plan and conduct meetings and technical product sessions with distributors, customer sales and service personnel, or customer engineering groups as required.
- Ability to effectively network with internal customers to gain support for customer opportunities.
- Diverse market and application knowledge to successfully develop value propositions for customers.
- Broad range of computer skills associated with Siebel CRM (C360) and the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Market knowledge to assess and analyze current market position and growth opportunities.
- Extensive travel and time away from home and office require continual and effective communications with internal management and customer personnel to maintain sales and to accomplish all specific functions of this position to meet sales goals and objectives.
- Bilingual (English – Spanish)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time