Eaton’s Aerospace division is seeking a Demand Manager; they can be located at the following locations: Jackson, MI, Rumford, RI, or Beltsville, MD.
The Demand Manager executes the strategy, processes, and tools for the company’s key forecasting activities for assigned Sites. This position will represent the division demand planning department in key cross-functional decisions, including short- and long-term strategy discussions, product initiatives, strategic business planning, and systems integration. Facilitates the aggregation and analysis of topline demand forecasts and highlights the risks and opportunities pertaining to market and economic factors, enabling senior leadership the support analysis needed to drive improved profitability, volume growth, and achieve channel objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will build forecasts and drive the monthly consensus to the demand plan. Report aggregate plans to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- You will drive the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams.
- You will document and present forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- You will facilitate the continuous improvement of the forecast process and the adoption of best practices.
- You will monitor changes in the key business drivers, perform analysis, and possess the ability to shape the analytical findings into a meaningful business story to drive decision making.
- You will develop accountability for demand management through performance measures and provide feedback to the participants in the process.
- You will participate in detailed supply analysis and review meetings; work with business to collect key planning issues, clarify business implications, outline countermeasures, plan and monitor progress
- You will own SIOP KPI’s and drives accountability through cross-functional teams to drive maturity.
- You will own and drives Demand Transparency deployment across assigned Sites.
- You will be a key contributor to the monthly SIOP, annual profit planning and 5-year strategic planning cycles. Drives building a consensus forecast during current year and a rolling 24-months
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in demand planning, SIOP, or Integrated Business Planning in an Industrial Manufacturing setting
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in leading deployment projects for Electronic Data Interchange and/or Electronic Materials Transfer (EDI/ EMT) projects
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), have been granted Political Asylum, or Refugee
- No relocation will be offered with this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MI, Rumford, RI, or Beltsville, MD will be considered.
- Strong analytical, financial, and strategic thinking skills
- Proactive, self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision making skills
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Powerpoint)
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of mgt
- Understanding of best practices in demand analysis, production, and inventory planning
- Experience with Forecast Pro, Demantra, or other statistical software packages
- ERP/MRP functionality expertise
- APICS/CPIM or S&OP Certification a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting, and forecasting methods with an understanding of financial and operational impacts
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time