Eaton’s B-line division has an opening for an E-Commerce Administrator. This role will be based out of our Highland, Illinois location.
The E-Commerce Administrator is responsible for developing and implementing Eaton’s B-Line Business e-commerce growth strategy. The incumbent will have the opportunity to interact with internal (Sales, Shipping, Finance, IT, Customer Support, etc) and external customers (manufacturing representatives, distributors, and 3rd party E-Commerce vendors) to deliver a world class level of customer support. The incumbent works within defined parameters, which are constantly evolving to help satisfy customer’s needs while maintaining company sales and profit objectives. They must also ensure business processes are clearly defined, communicated & adhered to, ensuring maximum process efficiency resulting in customer satisfaction and cost control.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have ownership of establishing Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) trading partner relationships with customers
- You will evaluate potential EDI prospects through business statistic reporting and leads from agents and internal sources, and working directly with distributors to establish EDI relationships.
- You will submit trading partner requests to B-Line’s 3rd party EDI software vendor including the following hands on activities:
- You will test and approve new trading partner set up requests including identifying the appropriate EDI maps to ensure the successful onboarding of the distributor.
- You will identify, define and test required map changes to minimize manual intervention in the order process.
- You will work as a project lead for onboarding new VMI (vendor managed inventory) partners including the following activities:
- You will identify new EDI Transactions for B-Line to increase business efficiencies, rally a cross functional support, act as project lead, test, and implement.
- You will oversee the daily operation of EDI functions which includes daily monitoring and exception management of all inbound and outbound EDI transactions to verify completion as well as maintaining appropriate trading partner tables in B-Line’s ERP system
- You will maintain relationships with e-commerce partners, provide day to day support on business transactions.
- You will champion corporate driven software implementations and investigate new technologies that will help drive B-Line’s E-commerce initiatives and optimize business processes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a marketing, customer service, IT or logistics
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Highland, IL will be considered
Position Success Criteria:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Outlook, Word, & Excel)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers via phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude under stress
- Strong logic and programming skills
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Business from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of B-Line products
- Knowledge of SAP
- Experience of EDI & VMI
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time