Assembler I - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Operations Division is currently seeking an Assembler to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Youngsville, NC facility.
The Assembler will perform assembly, complex and repetitive wiring, and/or Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) operations to complete sub-assemblies and final assembly of product. Build sub-assemblies and assemblies using standard operating procedures. Responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembly
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will Work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instruction from Management or Engineers to established procedures.
- You will.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- You will be responsible for inspecting completed assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards and making necessary adjustments when required in order to meet quality goals.
- You will report irregularities or equipment malfunctions.
- You will adhere to work instructions and all environmental, health, safety rules and regulations.
- You will provide process and safety improvement ideas.
- You will ensure machines and tools are properly calibrated and perform housekeeping duties as necessary using the principles of 5S+.
- You will locate available parts using Kanban system.
- You will frequently lift subassemblies and parts weighing up to 50 pounds while completing assembly process.
- You will frequent standing and bending while assembling products.
- You will assist team in achieving plant and departmental goals.
- You will assist with on-the-job training and continuous improvement.
- You will foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s company and aspirational goals, leadership attributes, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork.
- You will cross train in various assembly areas while providing work coverage as needed.
- You will use hand and power tools to complete assemblies and subassemblies.
- You will solder parts as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates in the immediate geographical area (60 mile radius) will be considered
Position Success Criteria
- Ability to demonstrate working knowledge of the mechanical, electrical, and safety procedures of a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to read and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude (ability to read wiring diagrams and other technical drawings)
- Ability to work daily and/or weekend overtime as required
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving and conflict management ability
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and listening skills
- Ability to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly throughout work shift
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
- Ability to frequently stand or bend during the assembly process
- Ability to be flexible and travel an approximate distance of 20 miles from work location to neighboring Raleigh Area Plants as needed
- Previous experience with standard operating procedures
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair
- Soldering experience
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No