Inspector (2nd Shift)
- You will verify and document all internal processes associated with manufacturing products (procurement through shipment) in accordance with written standard procedures currently in existence and those deemed necessary in the future.
- You will perform calibrations on all types of gauges in accordance with current calibration and maintenance procedures.
- You will record, analyze and make recommendations for correction of non-conforming materials, products and processes in accordance with standard procedures.
- You will inspect and make dimensional and a variety of other quality checks on all incoming, in-process and finished material from suppliers, contractors and/or product produced internally, in accordance with written standard procedures, and maintains accurate records indicating acceptance or rejection.
- You will process, enter and maintain all receiving documents and supported paperwork into electronic data base, including customer’s returned material and other related documents.
- You will maintain inventory of all gauging, measuring and test equipment.
- You will maintain orderly paper files of, but not limited to, Work Orders, Packing Slips/Receiving Documentation, Certification Documents, Customer Return (RMA) Documentation and Calibration Records.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing inspection of machined or assembled parts in a manufacturing facility
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Brooklyn, OH will be considered
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EA defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must have 2 years’ experience using standard tools and measuring instruments such as, but not limited to, micrometers, calipers, and veneers.
- Knowledge or experience in running CMM’s (coordinate measuring machine) or Faro Arm
- Must be able to learn, interpret and apply quality measures as presented in ISO 9001 and other governing requirements relating to the shop floor environment.
- Must be able to work and make informed decisions, including material disposition, with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge or the ability to learn SPC and TQM techniques.
- Knowledge or experience in running CMM’s (coordinate measuring machine)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, must be able to interact with external auditors, customers, and suppliers on a regular basis
- Able to change work hours and work shifts with short notice
- Basic computer knowledge (experience in Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Must have 2 years’ experience reading and interpreting blueprints and GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No