VAT Certification Analyst
As a part of the VAT Certification team, the VAT Certification analyst will be responsible of supporting with the maintenance of VAT Certification requirements such as: Annex 31 monthly compliance, memo accounts, virtual supplier’s tax compliance, VAT credit monitoring, among others. Additionally, it will supporting in the review of the reconciliation process of Annex 24 inventory control system vs. ERP/physical inventory performed by the Plants.
The VAT Certification team is responsible for ensuring the 17 Mexican businesses in 10 legal entities, are in compliance with all the Mexican regulations regarding import and export of material on a temporary basis under the IMMEX and / or Maquiladora programs with roughly 1.5B USD as import/export activity a year. It also oversees Eaton’s temporary imports and VAT Certification program in order to ensure continued acceptance in the program for $282M USD as benefit a year
• Oversee Mexican businesses are in compliance with Mexican VAT Certification requirements, as well as preparing and filing VAT Certification notices, when required.
• Ensure monthly compliance with Annex 31, by reviewing monthly reports received from the Plants, as well as ensuring they are filed on-time and that they comply with all necessary requirements.
• VAT credit monitoring and preparing information for memo accounts (e-accounting).
• Supporting in the review of the reconciliation process of Annex 24 inventory control system vs. ERP/physical inventory performed by the Plants.
• Support in the correct maintenance of all supporting documentation related to team’s processes, as well as supporting in standardization of processes.
• Maintaining accurate and updated information in team’s dashboards and other systems.
• Stay up-to-date with the Law and other regulations applicable to VAT Certification and temporary inventory operation.
Qualifications• • VAT credit cancellation.
• Monthly reporting to Mexican authorities.
• Team’s KPI’s compliance.Bachelor’s degree in international business or a related field.
• Knowledge of foreign trade laws, including: IMMEX program, VAT Certification and Annex 22, 24 and 31, among others.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel audit formulas).
• Intermediate/Advanced English.
• Developed sense of urgency.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Strong analytical capabilities.
• Experience at a Big Four recommended.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time