Systems Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace Fuel Motion Controls Division is hiring a Systems Engineering Manager. The Systems Engineering Manager will be based from a home office or any Eaton US facility.
Eaton Aerospace Group FMC Division has an opening for a Systems Engineering Manager. This position will lead the Aerospace Hydraulic Systems team from conceptual design through certification for system integration on various commercial and military applications. This position for a Systems Engineering Manager requires knowledge and experience of system engineering including design and integration of complex systems for aircraft applications. Skills involve recognizing customer performance needs along with meeting certification requirements for various global commercial and military aerospace applications.
Successful candidates will be able to independently lead an engineering team, provide strategic vision, and execute on the Aerospace FMC Hydraulic division’s strategy. They will be responsible for setting aligned goals to their team members, evaluation of members as well as coaching and directing the performance of team members. Tasks include merit adjustments through performance evaluation, adherence to company standards and policy as well as training for team members. They will manage both internal and external customer and supplier relationships and effectively work with all business functions to identify issues, create & drive solutions to completion and ensure that objectives are met within budget.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide leadership and management oversight of the systems engineering function including goal setting and performance management.
- You will develop personnel through coaching, mentoring and development plans within the systems engineering function.
- You will develop systems engineering functional capabilities including: requirements development including flow-down and traceability; system architecture design and analysis; project engineering; control system design; system integration and verification; requirements compliance; certification compliance; functional competency aligned with the Eaton Industrial Sector Centers of Excellence for modeling and simulation, reliability, maintainability, safety, motors, electronics, firmware and software.
- You will establish and implement strategies for improving organization capability and execution.
- You will develop and execute ownership of system engineering technical roadmaps and strategy aligned to customer needs.
- You will develop resources and capability at the Eaton India Engineering Center.
- You will develop standard processes, standards and working instructions including the Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES) with responsibility for ensuring correct deployment, execution and adherence thereafter
- You will Implement and institutionalize DFSS within the systems engineering function.
- You will work directly with internal and external customers, suppliers, engineering department leadership, project engineering leaders, project development teams, program management, and other product team members to develop products.
- You will instill a continuous improvement culture.
- You will develop tools, design methods, analysis and verification strategies to ensure predictable product execution and consistency.
- You will manage resources to perform internal research and development.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience within aerospace, hydraulic, or automotive industries with new product development and/or sustaining support focus.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in hydraulic components and/or systems.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, and demonstrated results in managing programs within budget and on-time.
- Strong communication and collaboration with internal and external customers.
- Leadership experience in a cross-functional team.
- Ability to interact with business and technology leaders
- High level of creativity and strategic thinking
- Ability to teach and employ DFSS tools and processes
- System Integration experience plus a minimum of 4 of the following:
- Requirements development including product flow-down and traceability
- System architecture design and analysis
- Project engineering
- Control system design
- System verification
- Requirements compliance
- Certification compliance
- Product design and certification aligned with hydraulic and/or electrical actuation components
· Advanced engineering degree or MBA preferred.
· 15 years of experience within the aerospace industry in hydraulic and electrical actuation systems
· 8 years of experience leading or managing people (direct of indirect)
· Recent experience leading a system integration program with both software and electronics
· Experience in leading or managing a global team
· Key role in an aerospace related professional organization
· Demonstrated leadership skills, experience with design processes, portfolio and program management skills, knowledge of customer strategies, successful new product introduction experience, creative/innovative thinking.
· Proven track record of driving change and ability to develop and execute technology development plans.
· DFSS Blackbelt
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time