Welder I - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Welder I to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will weld and/or rivet parts according to prescribed methods and specifications, using spot welder and CFM line.
- You will set up resistance welder to include selecting correct tips, posts, arms, tooling, welder control settings, air pressure, etc. to perform operations.
- You will perform inspection of parts and check quality of welds using a variety of measuring tools.
- You will use Kanban system to assure availability of parts and read orders and drawings to determine procedures.
- You will wear all safety equipment and observe all hygiene requirements as specified and directed.
- You will maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain 5S+ check sheet.
- You will cross-train in various areas of the Welding Department.
- You will comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures. Possess a working knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well as Eaton’s MESH Program.
- You will know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- You will identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions; accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- You will maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Cleveland, TN will be considered
- Must have been in current job for at least 6 months.
- Previous experience in desired area
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience with lean manufacturing tools
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No