Material Handler I - 2nd shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Material Handler to join our second shift team. This position is based at our Cleveland, TN facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as back-up to other material handlers and the assembly section as needed in different sections.
- You will safely and efficiently deliver materials as needed to various locations.
- You will record transactions consistent with established procedures, return materials back to stock, and maintain all documentation accordingly.
- You will unload trucks and check freight bills accordingly and coordinate movement of material.
- You will locate material when required by other material handlers, internal customers or supervisors.
- You will work with various groups of employees in team based environment and work with Materials Department to make them aware of any issues.
- You will work overtime as necessary.
- You will comply with all applicable ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 procedures.
- You will possess knowledge of relevant ISO procedures and work instructions as well as Eaton Safety Process.
- You will participate in accident & injury/ illness prevention activities: Job Safety Analysis and safe working procedures.
- You will identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions and participate in accident, near-miss or potential hazard investigations.
- You will maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Cleveland, TN will be considered
- Previous experience in driving a tow motor in a manufacturing environment is preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No