Responsible for successful execution of the manufacturing strategy projects and programs. Holds responsibility, authority and accountability for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost, savings and quality commitments. Seeks team input to promote resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators. Establishes objectives, goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of concerns or potential changes in scope and risk assessment. Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
A. The Program Manager position is directly responsible for overall project management of significant projects and programs within the different areas of the Hydraulics Manufacturing Strategy
B. Manages the Lifecycle Financials of the Transition Program(s) and projects. Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical, schedule, cost, savings and quality commitments
C. Executes team leadership across the Program(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Coaches and provides feedback/rewards on performance indicators
D. Supervises the Project Managers assigned to the Program. Establishes objectives and goals and provides direction to the program and project teams in the areas of customer concern, potential change in scope and risk assessment. Facilitates the implementation of program management processes at the site, business unit or Division level.
E. Manages effective customer communications. Improves organization responsiveness to customer requirements. Communicates and manages customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
F. Ensures standard program management processes are utilized and provides adequate support to the program and project teams by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
G. Maintains metrics for program, quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases.
H. Coordinates all risks and requirements of the program into a complete integrated entity. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all projects into the programs and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
I. Partners with sales and marketing to: 1) manage customer expectations; 2) establish and negotiate strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer. Ensure effective change management process is utilized.
J. Provides periodic program updates of current situation relating to milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule). Provides updates to the business units as well as divisional, and group levels.
K. Plays a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
L. Coordinates and monitors Hydraulics Group program technical personnel across multiple sites.
M. Establish and monitor assigned commodity performance for production and quality standards at receiving site. Oversee that the manufacturing objectives for the assigned area are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
N. Travel up to 50%
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university.
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
• Bachelors of engineering degree
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Project / Program Management; or a combination of Program Management with some Engineering and/or Product Development Management
• Experience with financial documents and analysis
• General manufacturing knowledge
• Experience with phase gate project management process
• Experience with financial documents and analysis.
• Proven Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Team (IPT) environment across multiple sites and customers globally.
• Very proficient in Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools
• Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation (PMP) highly recommended
• Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer
• Experience in Risk Management
• Strong analytical skills and business acumen
• Broad knowledge of the Hydraulics Business
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time