Application Project Manager – Mission Critical
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is hiring for an Applications Project Manager with the Mission Critical team. This position will be based out of our Raleigh, NC or Hanover, MD office.
The Application Project Manager is responsible for executing equipment only projects through the concept/design period through commissioning and customer hand off. This position interfaces directly with contractors, AE firms, designers, end users and internal Eaton engineering teams and manufacturing plants. Our Mission Critical Program specializes in design, consulting, and turnkey solutions for Federal customers on UPS centric projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will interface with external design firms, customers, and internal Project managers to specify Eaton Electrical equipment.
- You will bid complex equipment only and turnkey jobs.
- You will complete submittals and provide value engineering post-award.
- You will lead and execute these projects as the Project manager during the pre and post sales phases.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical Disciplines (Computer Science), or Applied Theory (Physics, Mathematics) from an accredited education institution.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in electrical distribution equipment and/or proposal generation experience specifically related to maintaining and modernizing electrical power distribution systems.
- Two years minimum in project management and/or project execution.
- Two years minimum in internal and/or external customer interaction.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of Raleigh, NC or Hanover, MD will be considered.
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Electrical equipment knowledge spanning all building electrical infrastructure.
- Experience interfacing, managing, and negotiating with subcontractors and vendors.
- Experience with Oracle and SAP.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to travel within the US and outside of the US without restrictions.
- Must meet access requirements to gain access to military and government sites.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time