Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for
Manufacturing Engineer at Cwmbran, UK
The Manufacturing engineer will be responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the business. In this role you will support the department by ensuring that the production processes are running efficiently and the company is operating within its health and safety guidelines.
· Responsible for continuous improvement to ensure safe and positive work environment, streamline processes, reduce waste, enhance quality and productivity.
· Analyse performance and liaise with quality to investigate trends. Process control and variation reduction within processes.
· Development of production procedures, processes, manufacturing documentation, standard works and play books.
· Lead cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver product to customer’s expectations.
· Troubleshooting efficiency losses.
· Support or lead Cost-down / efficiency improvement projects to improve profitability and OEE performance.
· Coordinates manufacturing for products from inception thought shipment to customer.
· Adopting and deploying EATON LEAN systems using the prescribed ELSS tools such as RIE, SMED, 5s+ Error proofing and SPC.
· Supporting the day to day running of manufacturing.
· Work with NPI team to drive the transfer of new products and capable processes to production.
· Knowledge of Lean & Six sigma.
· Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
· Experience of using ERP systems and databases.
· Experience in a contract manufacturer or end user manufacturing facility.
· Knowledge of manufacturing concepts.
· Good communication & presentation skills. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced, accountable team environment.
· Hands-on approach to all tasks.
· Good time management skills and communication skills.
· Proficiency in MS office suite.
· Lean and six sigma to Green belt level certified.
· Previous experience in a similar role desirable.
· Minitab and SAP.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time