Continuous Improvement Lead
Eaton's Life Safety Division has an opening for
Continuous Improvement Lead at Cwmbran, UK
The CI Lead will support the Management Team in achieving business and financial goals by developing, improving and maintaining robust manufacturing and transactional processes. The role will Lead Continuous Improvement and Cost-Out initiatives across the business and positively influence performance across all operational metrics, while ensuring the company’s health and safety guidelines are supported and complied with.
· Responsible for Continuous Improvement to ensure a safe and productive work environment, streamline processes, reduce waste, enhance quality and productivity.
· Responsible for deploying Lean/Six Sigma/CIF initiatives and techniques across all business areas through delivery of Kaizens/RIEs, training, coaching and mentoring to eliminate waste throughout the business and deliver product to customer’s expectations.
· Increase efficiency and effectiveness of end-to-end processes, with a specific focus on transactional processes, through elimination, standardization, simplification and automation.
· Lead the business’ Cost-Saving programme and manage the Cost-Out deck for Cwmbran & Fire to deliver the annual Cost-Out objective with responsibility to personally deliver tangible savings to improve profitability.
· Lead events focused on Cost-Out such as Integrated Deck Building, Value Stream Mapping, individual projects, Value Analysis and Waste Walks and promote a culture of Continuous Improvement.
· Become the site’s Subject Matter Expert on ELSS/CIF, with a view to becoming an OpA ELSS SME.
· Support the Plant Manager in managing the site’s functional assessment schedule including OpA, leading OpA categories as required.
· Lead the site CI Council in the annual ELSS assessment and manage deployment of ELSS & CIF initiatives through formal action plans, with personal responsibility to champion selected ELSS/CIF categories in support of the achievement of defined annual goals. Lead monthly pulse meetings with the Division Lean/ CI Manager.
· Work will all departments including customer service, supply chain, finance & operations in streamlining processes.
· Support EHS manager as required.
ELSS GreenBelt (or equivalent) trained
Experience in the deployment of (min) the 3 foundational tools of ELSS (Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work and 5s+)
· Knowledge of manufacturing and transactional concepts.
· Passion for continuous improvement.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Experience in the application of structured problem solving techniques e.g. DMAIC/8D/A3/PDCA.
· Experience in leadership of rapid improvement events e.g Kaizen
· Good communication skills and the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines in a fast paced, accountable team environment.
· Hands-on approach to all tasks.
· Good time management skills and communication skills.
· Proficiency in MS office suite.
· Need to be able to work independently and have the tenacity for following up and driving projects.
· Recognized Manufacturing qualification would be an advantage.
· Experience of using ERP systems and databases.
· Previous experience in a similar role desirable.
· Minitab and SAP.
· Experience in different functions like customer service, supply chain, operations etc.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time