Unclaimed Property Administrator
Eaton’s North American Financial Shared Service Center is seeking a Unclaimed Property Administrator. The Unclaimed Property Administrator will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The primary function of
this position is to support Eaton’s compliance with Unclaimed Property (UP)
Laws and regulations in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada.
Responsible for researching and drafting remediation documentation to unclaimed
property audits and Voluntary Disclosure Agreements (VDA). Investigates
unclaimed property issues; prepares unclaimed property reports for each of the
50 states, Puerto Rico and Canada; and supports Unclaimed Property Manager in
evaluating and resolving escheatment, audit, and VDA issues.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coordinate with Eaton property holders, ensuring they are reviewing, researching and remitting all escheatable items that have reached their dormancy period.
- You will support unclaimed property government agency audits and VDAs by researching and documenting transactions in financial systems such as SAP and Oracle, scanning/copying bank and other documentation, coordinating responses from other areas within and outside of Eaton, organizing and uploading documentation to outside consultants, legal counsel and auditors using web based records retention system.
- You will preform outreach to Client personnel within and outside of Eaton to obtain information and documents to support the UP audit remediation effort as well as other formal or informal state compliance inquiries.
- You will identify potential Business to Business exemptions, generate due diligence letters and state filings in coordination with the GFSS UP team utilizing UPCS software; generate payments to owners or unclaimed fund remittances to the appropriate government agencies in the required format.
- You will assist in administration of Eaton UP Asset Recovery and Client Exchange program.
- You will reconcile Eaton and Legacy Cooper UP G.L. accounts and resolve reconciling items.
- You will monitor unclaimed property professional developments and work with Manager to communicate changes to Eaton Corporate management, FSS and GFSC while staying current on ever-changing Unclaimed Property laws (for the 50 states, D.C., Guam, Puerto Rico and Canada).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associates degree from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ Accounting or Finance experience is required.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Unclaimed property experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and apply each state’s/country’s unclaimed property laws in accordance with financial policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with representatives of various government agencies, outside recovery and remittance firms, outside UP audit consultants, Eaton UP property owners, and to Eaton management
- Demonstrated ability to work in Microsoft Office tools
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and have proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated effective use of Microsoft Excel, Word & Other PC Skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAFSC North America Financial Services Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No