Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s manufacturing facility located in Arden, NC has an opening for a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor for the Low Voltage Assemblies (LVA) product line.
The manufacturing supervisor is responsible for creating a setting in which employees become involved, responsible and self-motivated. Responsible for providing training, continuous improvement, quality products and services. Administers organization policies and supports plant objectives. Drives the processes in department through the Eaton Business systems. Assists plant leadership team in the development of processes to achieve a zero incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery, and reduce overall costs and through these improvements exceed the customer’s expectations. Making sure that the organization decisions making is based on a process oriented culture – to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will establish and maintain a positive, engaged employee team sentiment through application of Eaton’s Leadership Attributes & Aspirational Goals. Create and maintain a high level of employee morale.
- You will train and develop hourly team members, as well as providing coaching and oversight to dotted-line functional team members. Clearly define and communicate expectations, providing positive reinforcement when met and providing coaching and counseling as necessary when not met.
- You will champion a Safety Culture through using MESH tools, safety best practices, and empowering all employees to take responsibility for their own safety as well as all of everyone around you.
- You will utilize the Tiered Meeting process to track and analyze key operational metrics and implement actions to improve operational performance. Direct day-to-day activities in production areas, including manpower movement, job assignments, time/attendance/vacation data, commit the work load so as to meet all customer needs in most effective manner.
- You will communicate with the department’s employees on subjects relating to policy problem resolution, department objectives and quality issues.
- You will control and manage overtime, tool and other budgets within current guidelines.
- You will manage payroll, attendance, performance reviews and other administrative needs in a timely and accurate manner.
- You will promote positive and productive workplace environment that insures a company represented workforce.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
· Minimum 2 years of experience in Manufacturing or Operations
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering field preferred
· Experience implementing continuous improvement initiatives
· 2 years of experience managing a team
· 3 years of experience in operations or manufacturing
· Six Sigma Green Belt Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time