Plans, directs and drive’s the Dongguan organization to ensure customer requirements are fully satisfied whilst operating within budgeted expenditure levels. Leads the site leadership team which includes Human resources Management, Finance Management, Production Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, EHS Management, Engineering Management, Facility Management. The position includes both strategic and tactical responsibility for our manufacturing site based in Dongguan.
The position reports to the Life Safety Division Operations Director and is part of the Management Team. The position serves as the primary integrating function for the Operations function. As such, the incumbent is responsible for EHS as a primary concern as well as manufacturing, cost out and productivity improvements, product quality best in class delivery performance, inventory reduction and the effective implementation of outsourcing decisions. The role requires the ability to formulate and drive the operational strategy within the business whilst developing and exceeding the operational and financial metrics of the business. The role interfaces directly with customers and suppliers and participates at a senior level in the management of operations.
- Holds legal responsibility and representation by the power of attorney issued by company’s administrators.
- Provides leadership, coordination and coaching to the site leadership team enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics of the organization.
- Drives and develops Environment, Health and Safety processes and procedures within the organization implementing a behavioral approach to safety and a zero tolerance culture.
- Drive quality improvement and process development throughout the organization.
- Develops and implements effective systems and processes to measure and improve performance.
- Implement a customer focused operational culture delivering world class customer service levels.
- Focuses on effective execution in, and coordination between, all of the key functions and sharing of best practices.
- Co-ordinate activities of the team to optimize cost performance of the plants through capital investment programs, optimizing operating working capital usage and minimizing waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles and clear strategic development.
- Directs and develops the teams in the plant and operating procedures to ensure customer service performance measured through quality, cost and delivery is continuously improved.
- Interacts closely with the EMEA operations team and the wider Eaton (inc APAC) organization in delivering on divisional performance and key strategic projects.
- Supports the site growth through transfers and new product introduction.
- Develops an HR environment facilitating personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance.
- This job description does not have an exhaustive character. In this respect, the job holder will carry out other activities, tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the job, that will be communicated by direct supervisor and not expressly provided for in this job description.
- Prior experience in and possessing a deep understanding of operational management and leadership, complex electronics manufacturing environment.
- Strong continuous improvement background focusing on lean and six sigma tools and techniques.
- Experience and detailed understanding is required of supply chain and manufacturing systems particularly SIOP, continuous improvement and quality.
- Experience of both the use and development of SAP or an equivalent system is essential.
- Relevant operational management experience.
- Electronics industry background is preferred with proven ability to develop and execute strategic operational plans.
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and talent through effective recruiting, training, coaching, development and optimizing organizational design.
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Business acumen with financial skills, especially cost center management and business case analysis and development.
- Senior executive communication and presentation skills, comfortable with public speaking and presenting.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with cultural sensitivity.
- Drive for results and ability to execute.
- Relationship building skills.
- An engineering degree complemented with an MBA or equivalent is preferred.
- Excellent English language skills are expected.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time