Product Engineering Specialist
Eaton’s Engineering Systems and Services group is hiring for a Product Engineering Specialist. This position will be out of our Edmonton, CA location.
The Product Engineering Specialist will pre-order and post order product engineering on multiple concurrent projects which include new, custom and customized low and medium voltage power distribution products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will perform product design to meet Eaton and applicable industry standards, customer requirements and production criteria.
· You will accurately prepare and reviews mechanical/electrical engineering documents for approval, confirmation, construction, manufacturing and as-built stages.
· You will create AutoCAD drawings and uses 3D modelling to design mechanical components and assemblies.
· You will create item masters, Bill of Material (BOM) and routing for new parts.
· You will conduct interim and final product inspections.
· You will maintain commercial and technical accountability for assigned projects.
· You will provide technical and engineering support to production, marketing, sales, field service, warranty administrator and customers.
· You will provide training to production and engineering on new design assemblies.
· You will drive quality, standardization, cycle time reduction, cost reduction and on-time performance.
· You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Regular (Basic) Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
· Minimum of three years manufacturing experience.
· Experience with Oracle manufacturing systems.
· Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
· No relocation. Must reside within 80km of Edmonton, CA.
· P.E license
· Three years of experience designing up to 38kv switchgears
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
· Understanding of industry standards (IEEE/ANSI, CSA).
· Competency in MS-Office, AutoCAD Mechanical and Inventor (or equivalent).
· Proven CNC programming skills.
· Self-motivated, energetic and capable of working in a fast paced team environment.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills;
· Understanding of Lean manufacturing concepts would be an asset.
· Prior negotiation and marketing experience would be an asset.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time